Homeopathy is a gentle, holistic system of healing, suitable for everyone, young and old. It focuses on you as an individual, concentrating on treating your specific physical and emotional symptoms, to give long-lasting benefits. Homeopathy can offer health care, which is both effective and extremely economical.
How Does It Work?
Homeopathy is a gentle natural therapeutic system that not only heals physical ailments, but also touches the soul. Hence it is based on affection for our patients, respect for the human condition, and compassion towards the foibles and weaknesses of humanity.
Homeopathy and homeopathic medicine is a system of medical therapeutics based upon a fundamental law of nature known as The Law of Similars, a law that is unchangeable and constant, such as the law of gravity. This law enunciates that those symptoms that a substance can cause when administered to a healthy person, are the very symptoms, which that substance can heal when administered to a sick person. This law was coined by Hahnemann and accurately expressed in Latin “Similia Similibus Curentur” which translation means ‘let like be cured by like’. The correct application of this law enables the physician to bring about a full recovery in curable conditions and to bring relief to those cases that are beyond cure. Hence, homeopathy is a system of therapeutics, which is not suppressive or palliative, nor it is a replacement therapy. Homeopathy is a gentle deeply healing system of medicine. It works with the body’s own healing energy (Vital Force) to strengthen it and views symptoms of illness as normal responses of the body, as it attempts to regain health.
Homeopathy acts by restoring the patient’s constitution to a state of on-going vigour, health and balance, experienced both mentally and physically. It achieves this by utilising, stimulating and enhancing the body’s own curative, defensive and recuperative powers. The remedy that fulfils this criterion is the one that best matches or mirrors the patient’s mental, emotional and physical condition, best known as the homeopathic ‘simillimum’ – the remedy most ‘like’.
Homeopathy & Homeopathic Medicine
Homeopathy for Babies
There are at least three good reasons. The first is that they are completely safe and non-toxic thus can be administered harmlessly to breast-feeding mums as well as babies, from the first day of life onward. The second reason is that the remedies work by stimulating the body’s own healing mechanisms, and the third reason is that by understanding health and understanding people from a homeopathic perspective really helps to understand not only illnesses but also about the general health and development of our children.
Homeopathy for Children
Parenting is a precious gift. But a parent’s life is always overloaded with multiple responsibilities. And “children’s health” is one of the most concerning aspects of parenthood. Although homeopathy works well in variety of diseases, it has special affinity for childhood problems. Bellow are some unique benefits of homeopathy in treatment of common childhood problems.
- Promotes a natural healthy state. Homeopathy is a type of medicine in which the self-healing power of the body is stimulated. This self-healing power is often greater in children than older people. In a child, everything is young and busting with energy, including the power of recovery, which is why homeopathy is particularly suited for children. Especially for recurrent conditions, chronic illnesses and behaviour problems homeopathy can play an important role. When necessary, conventional medications can be given as the same time as homeopathic remedies. In these cases the homeopath may confer with the primary care doctor(the family doctor) or the specialist. Well chosen remedies can help stabilise children physically as well as mentally, thereby increasing the chances for growth and development. If children feel comfortable, their demeanour usually also improves.
- Increases immunity and body’s resistance, naturally. According to homeopathic principle, when a person suffers from any disease state his vital force (immunity) gets unbalanced. Homeopathic medicines act directly on vital the force making it stronger. Children have a delicate immune system therefore it is an excellent option to address childhood illnesses.
- Complement other therapies in a noticeable way. Homeopathic remedies are manufactured in a special way, containing no chemical substances; therefore they can be used along conventional drugs without the risk of chemical/drug interactions. An example is asthma where most of the times it is necessary the use inhalers and other indicated conventional drugs. While the conventional medication/chemical drugs will act on the physical level addressing physical symptoms, the homeopathic medicines are imponderable, dynamic in form, resolving the disease process at a causative level, while encouraging and stimulating the inherent capacity of the body to heal itself. Hence, they will be acting on the patient’s subtle energetic level. As the patient improves, conventional medicines can be tapered down gradually, by the GP or specialist.
- Children just love it. Children often resist taking conventional medicines. They might refuse, get irritated, and in case of feverish conditions may vomit them straight away. All homeopathic medicines are administered in the form of a tiny sweet pellets easily dissolved on the tongue or diluted in water. Children accept them well, and most of the times love them too!
- Can be easily used at home for treatment of minor illnesses. The method of dispensing medicine is also very simple. So after learning some basic principles every mom can use it at home for treatment of common childhood problems. But for serious health concerns, medical supervision is compulsory. Homeopathic medicine for children and infants is a great book written by Dana Ullman. In this book, he explains what is homeopathy, how it works, how it can be used correctly to treat common childhood ailments, etc. He included a complete guide to the use of homeopathy and valuable information on the important remedies that all parents have in their home medicine kits.
Homeopathy for Animals (Excluding UK)
All higher forms of animal’s life are capable of producing symptoms of a disease and are thus receptive to homeopathic treatment. Clearly, there are many animal lovers all over the world who like to think for themselves and, when it comes to illness, prefer a form of treatment that involves no synthetic chemicals, has no side effects and does no harm. They are in favour of a method which ensures the health of their young even before they are born, by eugenic therapy given during pregnancy; and which in sickness, has the effect of auto-vaccination, or immunization, so that the animal becomes fitter and more resistant to every disease it overcomes. Homeopathy is an active form of medicine. It reinforces the body’s own healing powers and does not suppress them in a way antibiotics and cortisone do. If correctly applied, it sets off natural healing regulatory processes in the organism that can overcome disease. Its action is therefore rapid, safe and sure. Animals are loving, loyal and dutiful children of Nature, so it came as no surprise, whilst living in Greece and getting involved with many rescue operations, how remarkable these creatures responded to homeopathic treatment. Skeptics often use the argument that homeopathic treatment works because of placebo effect “it is all in the mind of the patient”, interestingly it is hard to apply the same argument, when research shows that 80% of animals get better or recover totally, after homeopathic treatment.
For more please watch the video: